Friday, January 4, 2008

Do you know how much you help?

Have you ever had a protective shell around you , and then one day, you let it crack?
That’s how feel right now. I felt I let mine shatter and now I’m left open for everyone to see. The things I was trying to hide ,everyone can now see . Is it a big deal? Well I don’t know. I sometimes forget that people don’t see things through my eyes. I forget that depression doesn’t happen with everyone as well with anxiety and panic disorder. I forget not everyone may understand it or understand you when you go through it.
I was mentally and physically abused as a child. When you are hurt emotionally it can be like any other pain. It can scar, it can effect you for the rest of your life. You may not ever get over it. All you can do is try to help yourself and try and move on, but that more easer said than done I know, but it’s easer then feeling the pain.
If you ever feel your depressed and you have no way out. Do not take it lightly call 911 or go to the hospital. You go to the ER and they will admit you right away. They don’t wait. They take you in.
Don’t ever be afraid of getting the help you need. There is also a Crisis Assist Team 1-800-4 94-7355 if you call this number there will be always someone there to talk to. The people on the Crisis Team are people who have gone through things themselves so they will know what your going through and will know how to help. They are all volunteers and there is someone there 24 7.
It was said we were a family on the message board so I feel I have to give this just in case if anyone should need it.

For a while I was afraid to come out of my room. I was afraid of people. Afraid of getting hurt. Afraid of getting maid fun of. I didn’t want to see anyone. My mom took me to see The Haygoods as a birthday present ( well late birthday present by the time the show started. lol). I didn’t want to go. They made me ,and I am so glad they did. It was the one thing I would go to and not be afraid of being out with people. I didn’t care all I wanted to see was them. They just had that something that drew me to them.
From then on that was my birthday tradition to go see The Haygoods.
It’s what I had.
After going to see them I don‘t know… I started becoming more confident. I met people of the message board. Which I would have never done before.
It’s like God sent them to me to help me. That’s how I feel, and that’s why I love them so much. That’s why say their music has done so much for me because it has. I met my best friend Ashley on the board ,and more crazy friends who make me laugh Jason, and Annette lol. I have gotten encouragement to be myself from Shawn Haygood he told me “If someone doesn’t like you for who you are then that’s their problem not yours… Don‘t worry about what they think…” That has helped more then he will ever know…
If The Haygoods can help me this way I know they can help others just with their music. I know they probably already have…

1 comment:

-N said...

wow, this is incredible. You have a heart of gold. So much bravery and courage! God has blessed you.

and i Hope he continunes to.

-N